Mgeli guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mgeli guardians

we are a brotherhood of knights, offspring of the knights of ancient times, dedicated to the service of man, worship of God and the use of the spiritual power

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

beliefs of the Mgeli

Go down 
AuthorMessage
suliskveteba
Admin
suliskveteba

beliefs of the Mgeli Empty
PostSubject: beliefs of the Mgeli   beliefs of the Mgeli Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

the Mgeli follow the beliefs of the eastern orthodox christianity

although you might think because you understand catholicism or protestantism that you might have a grasp on orthodoxy

this is almost true, but the interesting thing about orthodoxy is that it doesn't follow most of the typical traits and beliefs associated to western christianity

before I start, I want to state I don't want to evangelise and convert you through this

what I want to do is explain the fundemental beliefs of this religion so that you understand what we believe, what makes us different from Catholicism and protestantism and an in depth yet simple look on chrisitianity, I won't say JESUS IS MY SAVIOUR, the choice of coming to orthodoxy should be your choice and not influenced by a by one sided explanations.

Last edited by suliskveteba on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgeli.board-directory.net
suliskveteba
Admin
suliskveteba

PostSubject: Re: beliefs of the Mgeli   beliefs of the Mgeli Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:22 pm

An Orthodox view of the first coming of christ.

In Western Christianity, Jesus Christ's mission was to die for our sins and establish the church.

In Orthodoxy, this is not how we view this event, in Orthodoxy his mission was to establish a connection to the Holy spirit

as a loving creator he wanted to fully embrace his creation, and through his son's visage he did this and with the Holy Spirit.

it was to embrace us, not to die for our sins

the church was established as a means of dedication and worship

to embrace God as he embraced us

but this is not compulsory, for this can be done in the solitude of prayer.

I will write up a more in depth view on this but as a brief explanation

I think I shouldn't do that

so in summary, the eastern Orthodox believe, that Jesus came down to embrace us and to have the Holy spirit embrace us and to set an example of being a true follower of God

May your passion guide your spirit

Last edited by suliskveteba on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
suliskveteba
Admin
suliskveteba

PostSubject: Re: beliefs of the Mgeli   beliefs of the Mgeli Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 am

An Orthodox view of Heaven and Hell

in Western Christianity the concepts of Heaven and Hell are based off the writings of John Calvin
and Augustine ( he isn't considered a saint in Orthodoxy)

and I think we all the know the concept, the good who believe in God and Christ go to Heaven,
and if you don't you go to Hell. You could defend this with the same biblical references that
Augustine and Calvin brought up, however if you actually read what they wrote you can see that
this was just a misinterpretation that actually went against the majority of what was believed
and respected at the time.

That belief seems more plausible if the only majority speak against it and have a larger amount
of scripture evidence, compared to Augustine's belief which was only accepted by power hungry
Romans.

In Orthodoxy, these concepts are rejected, we do have concepts like Heaven and Hell, but they
are almost nothing like the Western beliefs. When you die, you are brought to God, it doesn't
matter if you believe or not, atheist or relgious you are brought to God, and you are in the
presence of true love, the most pure and passionate love that could exist, if you accept this
love and embrace it as it embraces you, you will be in true paradise. If you deny that love and
hate it as it embraces you, then that is torment.

One way to look at this is with a Father and twins, one of them loves the father as he embraces
and they love each other. The other hates the father, but his embrace is still as strong, even
though this child hates him and curses him, the father won't let go and loves the child.

may your passion guide your spirit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beliefs of the Mgeli   beliefs of the Mgeli Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beliefs of the Mgeli
Page 1 of 1